Traineeships are for young people aged 16 to 24, who are motivated to get a job or apprenticeship, but might not have the skills or work experience that employers are looking for.
- High quality work experience placements, which are at the core of the programme
- English and maths training (functional skills) and qualifications,if required
Traineeships can last up to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to individual career needs.
- Aged 16 to 24
- Must not have any qualification at level 3 or higher
- Unemployed, or working fewer than 16 hours per week
- Motivated to work and ready to take on a new challenge
- Have little or no work experience
At the end of your traineeship we will help you to secure an apprenticeship or job. We can also support you to move onto higher education.
We provide English, Maths and ICT training at a range of levels. This is to help people who have a grade below C at GCSE, so that they are not held back when looking for employment or training. To be eligible you must
- Be aged 19+
- Be unemployed
- Not have a grade C or higher in the subject you wish to learn
We will select the level that is most appropriate for you to start learning at and will help you progress to the level required for work or training.
If you want to improve your English, Maths or ICT skills with us, please contact your nearest Intraining centre directly
If you’re aged 19 or over, receiving benefits and need new skills to find a job, then we can help.
Intraining provide free, tailored support that’s designed specifically for jobseekers and won’t affect your benefits.
We can help with
- Skills to suit particular types of jobs in companies that are recruiting in your local area
- Basic skills such as English and maths
- Employability skills such as team working and communication
- Work placements and voluntary work to help build your CV
- Access to careers advice
- Preparation for self employment, if that’s a route you’d like to take
- Regular one to one support from your personal advisor
If you’re aged 19+ and receiving benefits, you can join our Work Skills Programme to improve your skills and your chances of finding work.
It’s a tailored course and won’t affect your benefits. You’ll work through a set of accredited modules that focus on
- English and maths
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages*)
- Information Technology*
- Teamwork skills
*Depending on location
Our tutors will support you through the course, providing you with one to one help and advice.